Tuesday, November 13, 2012

No, I don’t have too much time on my hands!

Last night was our first school conference night of the week. It went well, but I received a comment that I just couldn’t shake… “Oh, so you’re the awesome lunch maker! You must have way too much time on your hands.” Um, okay! Is that a compliant or an insult?
Let’s put this theory to rest. Just because I enjoy making lunch “special” for my girls doesn’t mean I have loads of unused time in my day. On the contrary I am a very busy mama! :o) As a matter of fact, making lunch fun doesn’t really take up anymore of my time than making lunch ordinary. Sure, sometimes the thought process is longer, but the actual lunch construction is pretty much the same. Adding things into individual containers takes no more time than adding them to individual baggies. Honest. It doesn’t. Especially if you have a plan. :) I think I’ll start timing myself. How long does it take you to prepare lunch for your tiny royalty?
Okay, rant over! On to some lunches…

Today was breakfast for lunch. YUM!! (leftovers from last nights dinner.)

Tiny princess A’s lunch 12/13/12

004

Here’s what she had…
  • A few apple straws
  • Scrambled eggs
  • Brown Cow maple yogurt wit cinnamon on top
  • Granola bar halved
  • Sweet tarts
  • Bacon
  • Turkey pancake small container of syrup for dipping
  • Packed in a planetbox lunch system
Tiny princess K’s lunch 11/13/12

003

Here’s what she had…
  • Sausage
  • T-U-R-K-E-Y pancakes. (this is a spelling word this week) Small container of syrup for dipping
  • Brown Cow maple yogurt with cinnamon
  • Granola bar halved
  • Sweet tarts
  • 50 cents for milk at school
  • Packed in a Yubo lunchbox

blogsiggy
Some things I used to make these lunches…

4 comments:

  1. I get that a lot too! My daughter's school doesn't provide lunch, I have to send it. I'd be making the same thing anyway - just minus the cookie cutter or cupcake picks. I'm an amateur cake/cookie decorator too, so I have a lot of the cutters and such already. Don't let anyone make you feel guilty about doing extra special stuff for your princesses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally understand! I have had a few people tell me they just don't have the time to pack a lunch, or pack ones like I pack. I have timed myself and they take less than ten minutes to put together [even the more involved ones]. I usually do it at the same time I am preparing dinner! I agree with you, if you do a little planning, it's no more difficult and it takes no more time to do it. I just care enough to bother [as do you great mom's]. Try not to take their comments to heart.

    Happy Packing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know that you are doing this for your tiny princess but I do this for me! I am trying to lose weight and I find that if I make myself a special lunch I take more care to eat slowly and enjoy! I also include a fancy napkin so that no matter where I am I can have a wonderful lunch. I do love all of your interesting ideas :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know! I isn't it crazy how people think these things take so long. Admittedly I normally take my time as it's almost therapy for me :-) Forgot to do lunch one night & so packed in the morning. Did pretty sandwich, dinner leftover, container of yoghurt with frozen shapes, crackers/salami/cheese, fruit, cake (from the freezer) and a juice box/popper. All in 10 minutes while saying goodbye to husband & 'please get dressed' to Miss 2yr old :-)

    ReplyDelete