Friday, December 7, 2012

Brrrrr….. It’s cold in here!

This week has been filled with lots of “chilly” lunches, so I of course wanted to keep it going for today. Which in a way is kind of strange since it really isn’t even winter yet! :) Oh well, no worries!
My sweet tiny princess K is well into her second year of Daisy Girl Scouts! ((LOVE)) Her fall product sales included the cutest little dark chocolate mint penguins. I knew I HAD to have these to add as a special treat in the princess’s lunches every once in a while.

Last night while organizing some of my lunch making supplies, a brilliant idea popped into my head! Okay, so maybe not brilliant, but I thought it was pretty clever, so I grabbed my cube it Funbites tool and a couple of EasyLunchboxes and got to work! At first my idea seemed to not work out that great. My sweet husband told me I was crazy and that my idea looked nothing like what I wanted it to. He went to bed. I proved him wrong. ;)

Surely you can see that this is an igloo sandwich…..

IMG_0946

Packed in EasyLunchboxes, both princesses received the same lunch today, except K had cheese and A didn’t. Their lunches were a bit smaller than normal since in order to make the igloo sandwich they each got more than just one. I’d say about 1.5 each. To make the igloo sandwich I simply just used my funbites cube it. I had to get a bit tricky with the rounded top by first cutting a circle sandwich, then I cut it in half, (one for each princess) and finally I placed the cube over top just right and cut down. Cute, right? My husband is eating his words this morning. ;) They also each received a mint chocolate penguin peeking out of the igloo, standing on a bed of freshly fallen marshmallow snow, a little “snow” on the side, some vanilla yogurt with snowflake sprinkles, (in our awesome leak proof EasyLunchbox mini dippers) last, but not least they each got a few holiday shaped gold fish crackers. Wish I would have had two of the fish shaped silicone cups. That will teach me to not order two of everything next time I place an order at All Things For Sale.  I even included one fish sitting outside of the penguin’s igloo so that he could have “lunch” before he was lunch! :D
Here is tiny princess A’s lunch with a  Lunchbox Love note and the lid on her mini dipper. I chose the blue lid cause I thought it quite resembled an ice cube. ;)

IMG_0936

siggy_thumb[2]
Some things I used to make these lunches…

5 comments:

  1. This. is. incredible. !!!!!!! I love the igloo made of Funbites! I love the penguin chocolate in the igloo-- such a cute touch. Everything. I love everything. the end.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the kind words, Michelle! You are too sweet!

      Delete
  2. Absolutely love these lunches, the igloos are awesome, lucky kids!

    ReplyDelete