Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Some forgotten dance night dinners and Mickey Mouse!

Well, today is chicken sandwich day at school and if you are a tried and true reader of tiny princess lunch box, then you know that chickens sandwich days are  “Mama, don’t pack my lunch” days. Today was no different. No matter how I pleaded, begged, or offered to add fun treats they just weren't having it!

It’s a good thing I have lunch pictures backed up out the whazoo, cause it’s high time I start blogging again! ♥

I’m not sure which day these dance night dinners came from. I just know that they are from before school let out for winter break. My tiny princesses helped plan these as you can see from the not so healthy choices. I also made one for myself.

I’ll start first with the tiny princess dinners. They both contained the same items…

IMG_1031

Here is what they had packed in Yubo lunch boxes…
  • Cheese quesadillas
  • Mini pop tart crisps
  • Princess fruit snacks
  • One triangle each of cream cheese, cinnamon sugar quesadillas
  • Organic vanilla yogurt with frozen fruit topping. *disclaimer* they still will not eat the fruit that is put in their yogurt, but they have decided that it does add a nice flavor as it melts and I will continue to add it in there because surely at some point they may decide it’s not so bad after all!
  • snack mix
IMG_1032

I personally think packing in a Yubo alone makes a meal special and fun. The brightly colored boxes and super versatile inner containers can make any food look inviting and yummy, but here is a few other special details I added to make these meals fun….
  • Silicone food cups in the largest container to keep food tidy and separate
  • fun food pick which in this case serves no purpose. It’s just for fun! ♥
  • LunchBox Love Notes add a great personal and fun touch!
Here is my dinner. Believe it or not this is the very first Bento style meal I have ever made myself! It was delicious and I will definitely be doing it more often!

IMG_1034

I packed my dinner in one of our laptop lunch boxes! I just love all the different inner container options that it offers!
Here is what I had….
  • pickles
  • cheese quesadillas
  • fresh green beans (raw)
  • snack mix
  • rice cake with peanut butter to spread
Now onto Mickey Mouse! We adore anything Disney related! This week was the week we were supposed to be in Walt Disney World. You can read more about why we didn’t go, HERE.
Earlier this week I received a surprise package in the mail from a very sweet friend who happens to live just minutes away from the Disney Land Resort! Mickey head pretzels!!! YAY! Naturally I couldn’t wait to use them in a lunch!
These were yesterday’s lunches packed on our PlanetBox Rovers….
These lunches were EXACTLY the same so I will just include one photo.

IMG_1235

Here’s what they had…
  • Cheese chunks on Mickey and Minnie head picks
  • Applesauce in the planetbox mini dipper
  • Leftover cooked carrots and potatoes
  • Mickey head pretzels with sauce container of Nutella for dipping
  • Nutella sandwich rounds arranged in the shape of a Mickey Head. ♥
  • Also included in each tiny princess’s lunch was a Lunchbox Love Note from sayplease.com

siggy_thumb[2]
Somethings I used to make these meals…
.

No comments:

Post a Comment