Tuesday, February 12, 2013

The Tiny Lunch Box Challenge

If there is one thing I love about this lunch making stuff, it’s a challenge. My #1 challenge that I like to take on is seeing just how much food can fit into a very small space.

My tiny princesses get 30 minutes to eat their lunches at school. When you’re chatty, as they are, that’s not a lot of time. It’s so hard for me to believe that there are schools out there that allow less time than that?!?!  Sometimes when I pack a large lunchbox they find themselves not having enough time to eat or even sometimes that they are just too full to continue.

We have quite a few adorable lunchboxes, (we just got a few new ones yesterday! Yay!) that some would find way too small to pack a big enough lunch in.

I’m no stranger to this challenge. It’s actually quite fun for me. Technically this isn’t my first lunch in this series…..

Remember this lunch?

008[5]

It was one of my favorites and the perfect example of how sometimes a small lunchbox can pack a big lunch! Or at least big enough for tiny princess appetites! Click on the picture to go to the post.

 

Today’s lunches are in completely different boxes, but contain mostly the same items.

Tiny princess A’s lunch is packed in our new cute little petite turtle container made by Melissa and Doug. Find the link for purchasing below the post.

IMG_1749

Here is what she had…

  • pretzel sticks
  • orange cuties (YAY!! A new food like!)
  • mini saltine crackers
  • a few Mott’s Medleys fruit snacks in the pink sauce container
  • 2 tiny flower shaped nutella sandwiches with cute frog face impression (I thought it kind of looked like a turtle!) ♥
  • veggie chips
  • tiny cheese squares cut using our FunBites Cube It. The cute little frog face on the top cheese slice was made by coloring on the imprint part of the sandwich cutter with food markers and then stamped on the cheese. I can’t take credit for that idea. It’s been done before. And done quite well I should add. Check out this tutorial from Dina of What The Girls Are Having, but don’t stop there… you don’t want to miss the amazing “Pooh” lunch from Cristi of Bent On Better Lunches!
  • I also included some Lunchbox Love!!

I can’t wait for her to get home and let me know if this was enough food for her or if I need to maybe try a medium sized box next time.

IMG_1752

 

Tiny princess K’s lunch was packed in a box she has had her eye on for quite sometime. She ADORES pineapple so when she saw the Dr. Sears Nibble Tray she knew she HAD to have it!! I mean seriously…. how cute is this?!?! I’m thinking that if K can’t cheer someone up today, her lunch container surely will! ♥

IMG_1755

Here is what she had…

  • cuties oranges
  • a few Mott’s Medleys fruit snacks
  • banana slices
  • small cheese squares cut with FunBites and stamped with a cute little bear face in the same manor as above
  • mini saltine crackers
  • 2 small circle shaped PB&J sandwiches
  • veggies chips
  • lunchbox love card

I am almost positive that this lunch will be plenty for tiny princess K. Even though the portions are tiny there are a lot of compartments for a great variety!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment